Here are the fabulous prizes for the Storylandia 4 contest that has, so far, exactly ZERO entries.
As you can see YOU can WIN not only your own copy of Storylandia 4, but ALSO a blank notebook, a pen, a calendar magnet, some postcards, and a fabulous tote bag to carry them all around in! Deadline for entries is Devil Night, October 30, 2011. More pictures of swag and the contest questions after the jump.
The Pen (it wouldn’t hold still for the photo)
The Blank Notebook and The Pen
Okay, yes, all this stuff does look better in person, so get in here and win it!
And now…The Contest:
The authors of the first three emails with the most correct answers before Halloween will win a free copy of Storylandia 4 and whatever swag we have lying around Wapshott HQ the moment.
Good luck and please send your answers to email@example.com. Please number your answers, thanks. Sorry, I can only send to U.S. addresses.
And here we go!
1. What is the actual town that is fictionalized as Thalia in Larry McMurtry’s The Last Picture Show?
2. What is the name of Larry McMurtry’s bookstore in his hometown?
3. What is the oldest continuous jazz club in the United States?’
4. Who were the two artists to get creative control from Berry Gordy in Motown?
5. Where did Jane Austen die?
6. How many stars does the Statue of Freedom atop the U.S. Capitol building have on her head ?
7. What years did Booth Tarkington win the Pulitzer for The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams?
8. In the film “Kind Hearts and Coronets,” how many times is Alec Guiness murdered?
9. What was Agatha Christie’s final novel by publication/release date?
10. In Peter S Beagle’s ‘The Last Unicorn’, what was the other ‘real’ magical creature in Mommy Fortuna’s carnival?
11. Who are Jerry Statler and Conrad Waldorf?
12. Which Surrealist painter developed the Paranoic-critical method of painting?
13. Which of Tartini’s compositions did he claim was inspired by a particularly vivid dream of the devil?
14. What was the biggest city in Europe in the 13th century?
15. Who discovered Cicero’s Letters to Atticus in 1345?
16. Which was the last Southern state to secede from the Union in the American Civil War?
17. What’s the first name of Mary Worth’s boyfriend?
18. What free webhost did Yahoo close in 2009?
19. What Puccini opera is set in Nagasaki?
20. Who is this actress?
21. What country has a western border on the Caspian Sea and an eastern border with China?
22. Who is the Godfather of Manga?
23. IKEA is actually an acronym, for what do the letters stand?
24. In what television show can you find Arnold the Pig?
25. Name three core members of “The Brat Pack.”
26. In the English dub of Hayao Miyazaki’s Howl’s Moving Castle which actor voiced Calcifer?
Good luck and please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please number your answers, thanks.
Answers and which Storylandia 4 author or editor dreamed up which questions will be revealed when we have three winners. Contest ends at 11:59 PM on October 30, 2011. Winners and answers will be revealed shortly afterwards. Yay!
“Three Days Standard Bereavement” by Michelle Brooks, “Heorrot” by Kathryn L. Ramage, “Ashes” by Megan Feldman, “Of the Night” by Theresa Hinkle, “All the Lonely People” by Fred Skolnik
Where to buy: Online (10% discount with this code: FUXBWW3E); Amazon; Kindle; Nook; ePub; Other places.
Cover: “White Poppy Seeds” by Molly Kiely